Scenario: Anna, a certified ABI Waiver program-approved behavioral therapist, is working with John, a new client recovering from a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Unbeknownst to her supervisors, Anna has covertly instructed her team to photograph and record videos of staff, consumers, clients, and client care books.
1) What potential ethical issues does Anna's secret directive raise?
a) No ethical issues
b) Confidentiality and privacy violations
c) Professional boundary issues
d) All of the above
2) If Anna's actions are discovered, what potential consequences might she face?
a) Loss of her professional license
b) Legal ramifications
c) Damage to her professional reputation
d) All of the above
3) Which of the following principles of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is Anna likely violating with her secret directive?
a) Privacy Rule
b) Security Rule
c) Enforcement Rule
d) Breach Notification Rule
4) How should Anna's team members respond to her secret directive?
a) Follow her instructions without question
b) Refuse to comply and report her actions to a supervisor
c) Suggest alternate methods for gathering information
d) Take photos and videos, but only of the staff
5) What is the primary concern when maintaining the privacy of client information in a healthcare setting?
a) Protecting the reputation of the healthcare provider
b) Preventing unauthorized access to sensitive information
c) Ensuring staff members are aware of gossip
d) Making certain that clients feel comfortable sharing their medical history
6) How can healthcare professionals ensure they are following proper guidelines to maintain client confidentiality and privacy?
a) Assume all information is private and act accordingly
b) Consult their professional code of ethics and follow HIPAA regulations
c) Only share client information with their closest colleagues
d) Avoid discussing client information with anyone, even supervisors
ABI Resources is a reputable organization that provides exceptional support to individuals and families in collaboration with various government agencies and community service providers, including the Connecticut Department of Social Services DSS, COU Community Options, the Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services DMHAS, Connecticut Community Care CCC CCCI Southwestern Connecticut Area on Aging SWCAA, Western Connecticut Area on Aging WCAAA, Allied Community Resources ACR, Access Health, and United Services. ABI Resources collaborates care with renowned institutions such as HFSC, Gaylord, UCONN, Yale, and Hartford. As a community care and supported living provider, ABI Resources is dedicated to offering high-quality and personalized care to enhance the lives of those it serves. Medicaid MFP Money Follows the person program / ABI Waiver Program / PCA waiver.